Job title: Senior Technical Proposal Solution Engineer
Job description: Senior Technical Proposal Solution Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as Senior Technical Proposal Solution Engineer and will be part of Process Automation Business Area for Process Automation Digital Division based in Bangalore, India. In this role you will be responsible for supporting strategic corporate technology direction and future product/software/solution architecture. Initiates and drives technology, software, product and/or solution development using in-depth technical expertise in a specific area or a broad range of skills in a technical or product field. Manages or coordinates development projects/activities of substantial impact to the business. Can act as the first line contact in R&D/SW development/Product engineering for in-depth product or technology related issues.
- Managing end-to-end Industrial Automation solutioning and should be responsible for RFP document development and preparation to ensure that high quality proposals are submitted on time. Performing effective engagement with bid stakeholders, customers, and partners for bid submission.
- Creating Technical Solution Proposal documents in discussion with concerned stakeholders and working closely with Front-end teams/Sales to understand customer requirements, business environment and related complexity and formulate bid win strategies and value proposition for proposals.
- Managing and negotiating with partners and vendors on commitments and commercial terms also to ensure bid proposals adhere to Company finance and legal guidelines; manage risk log and mitigation plan.
- Working with Pricing Manager to ensure proposed pricing is in line with overall bid strategy, establish pricing structure that meets business/corporate target margins and gain internal approvals for customer submission and make changes where appropriate.
- Performing bid presentation and contract negotiation with customers to co-ordinate with Technical Teams for getting necessary inputs for finalizing BOM and services estimates.
- Preparation of detailed Price Worksheets for management review based on technical and commercial requirements of the tender. Review of the techno-commercial proposal before submission.
- Ensure timely response of all tenders and proposals pertaining to IAD Portfolio to provide our Specifications for various upcoming RFPs/RFQs to Sales Team in co-ordination with relevant Technical Teams.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in EE/computer science engineering and must have 10 – 15 years of experience in Analytical software solution, presales and technical expertise.
- Primary Skills such as technical know-how on Digital Transformation, AI/ML, Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive, Real-time Analytics Solutions, Cross-functional Dashboards, Estimation, Bid Preparation, Technical Proposal Writing.
- Must be proficient customer interfacing, vendor coordination, cloud skills, office tools automation, solution architecting, ETL, phyton, IT/OT Source system integration, Data Modelling, Facts & Dimensions, Cubes Concepts, Dashboards, Reports, Power BI, Grafana, MS SQL Server, Azure & On-Prem Docker based Deployment.
More about us
ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. The Process Automation (PA) business area (>$6B revenue in 2021, 22,000 employees), automates, electrifies and digitalizes some of the most complex industrial infrastructures on this planet. Through its five divisions, it serves customers in the energy, process and hybrid industries – from hydrocarbons, chemicals, water, mining, minerals, pulp & paper to marine and ports, and many more. PA stands at the heart of some of the most important shifts in society, helping the energy-intense industries to safer, smarter and more sustainable operations to enable a prosperous, low-carbon society. For more information on PA, refer to https://global.abb/group/en/investors/strategy-events/pa-capital-markets-day-2022. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: on site #LI-onsite
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 05:46:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!