Job title: Senior Technical Lead
Company: Colt Technology Services Group
Job description: Colt provides network, voice and data centre services to thousands of businesses around the world, allowing them to focus on delivering their business goals instead of the underlying infrastructure.
Senior Technical Lead – Security Engineering
Technology and Security Office
Manager, Security Engineering
The role will be part of the Security Engineering team providing support to the Consultant – Security Engineering, to ensure the development, design and delivery of security solutions for new and existing products and services comply with Colt security requirements.
Acting as a subject matter expert, you will engage and collaborate with teams across Colt when formulating information security requirements developing, promoting and influencing the application of good practice methodologies and associated processes.
- Ensure that minimum standards for security are maintained and appropriate guidance is provided to support project and operational support functions.
- Lead the design, development, testing and deployment of security solutions necessary to support Colt products and services, including the creation of, or input into, high-level/low-level designs, provisioning and troubleshooting guides.
- Defining and documenting test build configurations, product /appliance features, system capabilities and integration components.
- Conducting technology security assessments to identify risks during design, build and deployment. Lead associated technical risk mitigation activities as required.
- Participate in vendor technology roadmap and strategy sessions to ensure functionality and technical capabilities required by Colt are clearly articulated.
- Identify and/or support the delivery security improvements.
- Perform knowledge transfer sessions and/or training to relevant teams.
- Actively participate in technical forums and other specialist security communities.
Key Performance Indicators (financial and non-financial)
- Ensure security project requirements are identified, accepted and implemented.
- Ensure change initiatives have been assessed and meet security architecture and engineering principles.
Relationships and Key Contacts
- CSO team
- Technology Engineering, Architecture teams and Service Delivery teams
- Internal facing Technology functions
- Project managers
Role Specific Requirements
Skills & Experience
- Experience working in Telecoms or a service provider company
- Experience working with project teams and project deliverables: high/low-level designs and setting requirements
- Good understanding of security concepts related to authentication and authorisation methodologies (e.g. TACACS, LDAP, Active Directory)
- Understanding and good amount of practical experience(e.g. Design, Installation, Configuration) with Firewalls [including application], VPN, IPS, Load Balancers.
- Good understanding of how to apply security principles and configurations to operating systems [e.g. Unix, Linux, Windows]. Knowledge of debugging tools for security inspection like TCPDUMP, snoop ,netcat etc
- Experience of Software Defined Networking, Network Function Virtualisation, Hypervisor technologies
- Strong domain knowledge in network routing and switching technologies.
- Sound understanding of network technologies and protocols [LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, VLANs , STP etc.].
- Experience with network testing tools [e.g. Spirent].
- Understanding & experience of technical security assessment practices for networks and applications. Experience in security assessment tools [e.g. Nessus , Burp Suite , Metasploit].
- Experience and knowledge of DDoS detection and mitigation
- Scripting knowledge (Perl, Python etc.) (Preferred)
- Excellent inter-personal and communication [verbal and written] skills. Able to articulate technical concepts into documentation.
- CISSP or an equivalent security qualification desirable.
- Qualifications in computer related subject desirable
- CCSP or an equivalent networking qualification desirable
- Identify risks related to process and information security and treat/mitigate the same as appropriate
Reason for change
What we offer:
Colt is a growing business that is investing in its people. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt recognizes the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
- Access to Online-learning Platform
- Business mentoring
- option of parking slots in the Colt Campus
- lunch vouchers
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 22:01:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!