Job title: Senior Project Associate – Food Loss and Waste
Company: World Resources Institute
Job description: Senior Project Associate, Food loss and waste, Sustainable Landscapes and Restoration
Who we are and what we do?
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, non-profit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low-carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
Program Overview: Sustainable Landscapes and Restoration
The Sustainable Landscapes and Restoration program informs and supports India’s transition towards sustainable and resilient land use systems with ecosystem restoration solutions. With a ‘Produce, Protect, Reduce, Restore’ approach, the program works to inform strategies and enable action with robust data and evidence, and reduce implementation barriers to unlock investments, particularly for food loss and waste reduction, sustainable land uses, and equitable restoration-based economic opportunities. Key focus areas of work are reducing food loss and waste and enabling sustainable land use and management from an ecosystem restoration through nature-based solutions like landscape restoration and sustainable and regenerative agricultural practices. The program’s focus is on centering work on equity and designing solutions that can enhance biodiversity, support nutritional security, and meet India’s carbon sequestration goals. WRI India also serves as the secretariat for the FOLU India Platform.
Our mission is that landscapes in India are governed fairly and managed well. We envision a future of sustainable and resilient food and land use systems for India that enhance livelihoods for its people and improve social, economic, and environmental outcomes.
About your role:
Tackling food loss and waste is a key strategy for transforming India’s food system and achieving this vision. To support this vision, WRI India is seeking a Senior Project Associate housed under the Sustainable Landscapes and Restoration program to advance its ongoing work on reducing food loss and waste in India, through robust research and partnership development. This work is being done in partnership with Food and Land Use Coalition India. The position is most suited to an individual who has an interdisciplinary research background has a passion for working in the agriculture and food sustainability sector in India and has exceptional research and communication skills. The position holder must be willing to travel as necessary.
How your day will unfold:
The Senior project associate will oversee a range of responsibilities for the food loss and waste work within the Sustainable Landscapes and Restoration program.
- Developing a science-based research framework to understand the different sources and reasons for food waste and loss in India and associated analysis like identifying interventions for a particular sub-sector or value chain to reduce food loss and waste
- Identify and scope new areas of research and innovation around food loss and waste and strategies to take forward the agenda in India.
- Research and innovation around the development and implementation of sustainable practices in food supply chains, and achievement of nutrition security, inter alia.
- Support in developing high-quality knowledge products (reports, policy briefs, working papers) that encapsulate research findings and communicate these to diverse audiences, for influencing initiatives on reducing food loss and waste.
Project Management (10%)
- Support in the coordination of the programme activities to ensure the timely delivery of deliverables and achievements of milestones.
- Support in high-quality documentation and timely reporting of the programme.
Communication and Partnerships (40%)
- Coordinate the Friends of champions 12.3 networks in India, responsible for following up with members, organizing quarterly meetings, setting up the agenda, and exploring potential partners for the network.
- Support internal and external communications and media relations responsibilities such as brochures and web content development, and writing blogs.
- Coordinate outreach efforts for Friends of Champions 12.3 in India on behalf of program and anchor partner engagement activities
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree in agriculture, food sustainability disciplines.
- 4-7 years of post-study research experience relating to food supply chain, post-harvest management, sustainable food system issues and policies, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated skills of engaging in participatory approaches, and high levels of comfort in working with scientific data as well as local knowledge. Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis is a requirement.
- Excellent/ Strong research, interpersonal/ written/ communication skills
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated skills in preparing programme documents, reports, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is a requirement.
Preferred skill: Demonstrated experience in leading/coordinating any network of organizations
Salary and Benefits: 11,00,000 to 13,00,000 CTC Per Annum
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package
Duration: Term hire 1 years
Location: Delhi, India
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at . All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds, and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI).
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do – from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to Rs 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.
Job date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 00:06:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!