Job title: Senior Program Research Analyst – Sustainable Cities and Transport
Company: World Resources Institute
Job description: WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
WRI India seeks a motivated Research Associate (RA) to work on diverse projects that will examine how cities can be made more equitable, sustainable and liveable through interventions in various sectors and domains ranging across urban planning, urban policies and legislation, economic development, landuse-transport integration, climate change and urban resilience, safe public space among others. The goal is to generate new research, analysis and evidence to inform policy and practice for more inclusive, sustainable and resilient cities across India.
The ideal candidate should possess skills in quantitative and qualitative research, mapping and spatial analysis; experience of conducting field research; and a good understanding of urbanization and development-related issues in India. Candidates who have practical or research experience on one or more of the following areas-urbanization trends, urban policies and planning frameworks, sustainable transport and urban mobility, urban resilience, will be preferred.
Under the supervision and mentorship of WRI India’s Director for Research on Sustainable Cities and Transport, the selected candidate will work with a diverse team that includes colleagues from across the WRI’s Cities program and collaborators from leading universities and research institutions in India and internationally.
The position will involve primary and secondary research across different sectors and cities. The RA will work on collating and reviewing literature, analysing data from a range of sources, conducting and supervising field research and writing up research findings. They will also help organize consultation and dissemination workshops and meetings.
How you day will unfold:
- Assist the Project lead/ Director for Research on Sustainable Cities and Transport, WRI India and work closely with team members and collaborators within and outside WRI on all aspects of project research, documentation and administration
- Organize, review and summarize relevant literature and data from multiple sources, under the guidance of the Project lead and team
- Prepare background information, data and analysis for selected states and cities
- Help organize and participate in internal and external workshops, discussions and roundtables with WRI colleagues, external project partners and advisors, stakeholders and experts
- Conduct or help supervise field research and surveys in selected cities
- Support and work on project-related presentations, commentaries, blogs and op-eds, reports, policy briefs, grant proposals, working papers and articles to share and disseminate findings and analysis with different stakeholders
- Contribute and engage with WRI’s research community in India and globally.
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
- Master’s Degree or higher in relevant social scientific fields such as Development Studies/Urban Studies/ Economics/ Sociology/ Urban Planning/ Public Administration or Management
- 4 to 7 years of relevant research and work experience. Candidates experienced in leading/ conducting field research will be preferred
- Training and experience using a range of research and analytical methods, data sources and tools, including literature reviews, statistical and spatial analysis, interviews and surveys
- Proficiency working with statistical and spatial software such as GIS, R, Stata and Excel
- Good writing and communication skills; knowledge of regional languages in addition to English and Hindi will be a plus.
We are looking for candidates who are resourceful, able to work independently, well-organized and detail oriented. Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams at the intersection of research and policy, or engaging with development organizations, officials and policy processes will be an asset.
Location: Delhi, India
Duration: 1 year, with possibility of extension based on performance
Salary and Benefits: 10,00,000 to 11,50,000 INR CTC
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Start date: At the earliest
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI).
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do – from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.
Job date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 07:44:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!