Job title: Senior Medical Coder – Noida, UP
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Job description: Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The coder will support the coding area by accurately coding the medical records.
Job is aligned to HIM services that requires understanding of the medical terminology and ability to interpret physician and nurse notes.
- Coding the medical record using the ICD-10 and CPT with desired accuracy as per SLA
- Know and adhere to HIPAA regulations
- Recognize, interpret and evaluate inconsistencies, discrepancies and inaccuracies in the medical data received and appropriately alert and/or query the responsible party and supervisor
- Meet quality and productivity standards and deadlines/turnaround times
- Participate in Quality Improvement Activities
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Reports a discharge disposition for all records as required and in accordance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) rules and regulations
- For outpatient encounters, applies coding conventions and official coding guidelines approved by the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) rules established by the American Medical Association (AMA), and any other official rules and guidelines established for use with the mandated outpatient procedure code sets
- Assigns appropriate discharge physician in the system
- Maintains the minimum data standards for accuracy and productivity as per defined KRAs/ Client SLAs
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- Minimum working experience of 2 to 3 years as medical Coder (ED)
- Certified coder – AAPC / AHIMA – CCS/CPC/CPC-H/CCS-P
- Good in English communication
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology, human anatomy/ physiology, pathophysiology
- Working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office products.
- Thorough understanding of the Medical record formats
- Understanding of interpreting the medications and dosages
- Codes outpatient records and identifies diagnoses and procedures daily according to the schedule set within the coding unit
- The Coder accurately assigns ICD-10 and/or CPT-4 codes in accordance with Coding guidelines and SLA/organization targets
- Consistently strives for efficiency and thrives to meet the targets
- Demonstrates willingness and flexibility in working additional hours or changing hours whenever required between normal business hours
- Demonstrates thorough understanding on how his work impacts the project / end customer
- Demonstrates a good rapport and works to establish cooperative working relationships with all members of the team
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Job date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 22:07:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!