Job title: Senior Director, Advanced Analytics
Job description: Why Work at Parexel
There are pivotal moments in every career: Sharing new treatments. Improving processes. Delivering life-saving advances. The people who succeed are the ones who make the journey go further and faster every time. What if you had a partner to support you as you reach the next level in your professional path? A partner who believes a collaborative environment is key to achieving your goals? A partner who is dedicated to your health and wellness so you can help make a difference in the lives of millions worldwide?
That’s Parexel. We’re a diverse team of professionals focused on one goal: getting treatments into the hands of those who need them most. Working together, the results we bring to our clients and the opportunities we bring to our team get better with every step.
How can we help you on your journey? Find your path, and learn more on , , , , and .
- Strong basis in fundamental statistical concepts and methods and familiarity with techniques such as development of predictive equations, survival analysis (including parametric methods), longitudinal data analysis, meta-analysis, mixed treatment comparison, and other hierarchical analysis techniques, etc.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and Bayesian statistics is a plus.
- Strong statistical programming skills with standard software, including SAS, R, STATA, OpenBUGS/WinBUGS.
- Strong communication (spoken and written) and problem-solving skills, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in non-technical terms, with project team members.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and be able to take a leadership role in the methodological elements in projects.
Education and Experience
MSc or PhD in Health Economics, Biostatistics, Statistics, or related field with six or more years of relevant experience
Competent in written and spoken English
SAS (Base, Stat, Graph, Macro), R, SPSS, STATA, and WinBUGS
Senior Director – Advanced Analytics
Reporting to: VP
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Health Economics, Health Policy, Statistics, Biostatics, Mathematics or other quantitative fields.
An ideal candidate must have at least six or more years of experience within health economics and using statistical analytical software/tools like R, Stata, WINBUGS, Python and SAS. Familiarity with observational data analysis is a plus. Other considerations include:
- Experience working in a consulting or pharmaceutical organization.
- Experience in developing both internal and external consultative relationships with senior management and executives.
- Willingness to work under pressure to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Excellent scientific, business writing, and communication presentation skills with close attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills, especially in the relaying of technical information and project concepts.
Advanced Analytics Senior Director is responsible for ensuring that all assigned projects are being conducted in an efficiently and that quality and client satisfaction are maximized at all times — ensuring the direction of the project and the quality of the deliverables meet the project objectives and the client needs. Further, Senior Directors are expected to support and train the Principals and Senior Consultants in their daily duties and flag any areas of acute training needs to their line managers. Supported by the Business Development partners, Senior Director is responsible for maintaining client relationships on their projects. In addition, the individual will be expected to contribute to the continuing growth and improvement of the business unit by taking ownership of company and business unit processes and initiatives and contributing to the Senior Management Team’s focus and direction.
Candidates will be part of multi-disciplinary research teams and will be expected to provide methodological leadership at all stages of projects from planning to completion. Duties will vary according to the nature of the projects. These may include contributing to the development of proposals, reviewing statistical analysis plans and protocols, providing oversight of the interpretation and dissemination of findings. Candidate is expected to also lead and support ongoing innovation objectives of the unit in the field of health outcomes analysis, which warrants having thought leadership skills.
Objectives of the role will include:
- To direct project teams in the design, development and delivery of client solutions across multiple projects.
- To provide high-level input to the development of client deliverables, including providing support to the delivery team in the development of strategic recommendations tailored to individual projects.
- To provide advice and support to existing clients both within and outside of projects.
- To help manage existing business accounts and identify new business opportunities for Parexel with existing and new clients.
- To proactively mentor and develop members of the team to help achieve best in class status.
- To ensure the optimal levels of client management are maintained at all levels and that the training and support to achieve best practice consultancy standards are achieved.
- To ensure quality standards are adhered to on all projects and new methodologies and techniques are adequately assessed and implemented.
- To foster thought leadership opportunities in HEOR.
- To work with Senior Management colleagues to identify further service opportunities.
Job date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 04:52:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!