Job title: Senior Developer – IT (Full Stack Developer)
Company: United Airlines
Job description: We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours
The United NOC IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Developer plays an important role in creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between business needs and technology delivery. The Developer’s role is to plan, design, develop and launch efficient systems and solutions in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues, opportunities or problems in order to maximize the benefit of IT and Business investments. The Developer is experienced and self – sufficient in performing his/her responsibilities requiring little supervision, but general guidance and direction.
- Design, develop and modify software applications/systems according to specifications
- Consults with Business Analysts and business partners on potential software solutions for business specifications
- Provides support and leadership to junior developers.
- Support and troubleshoot software systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing follow-up on all issues and solutions
- Develop appropriate software documentation as outlined in IDF
- Complete comprehensive unit testing on all developed/enhanced software
- Works on one or more projects which are moderate to complex; may work as a project leader
- Provides direction tools, technical and process support to less senior developers
- Demonstrate advance knowledge of Agile or SDLC processes, software design, design patterns, integration standards as well as its applicability at coding and testing cycles
- Demonstrate advance knowledge of software engineering best practices such as: versioning and versioning control, software packaging and software release management
- Demonstrate advance knowledge of the application of development domain areas and specific technologies and tool set
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
- Bachelor of Science/Technology preferably in a technical or scientific field or 6+ years of equivalent experience required.
- 5 or more years of experience in application design, development, deployment and modification of software
- Professional experience in writing readable, testable, and maintainable code
- Excel at secure coding and on time delivery of quality components and or applications
- Excel at component and unit testing of following standard practices and methodologies
- Excel utilizing the technologies and domain knowledge with the delivery of developed components or integrated components
- Experience working with team members in high performance, agile development environment where continuous integration and continuous delivery are critical
- Excel at triage or analysis of situations for production support
- Proficient with on time delivery with minimal supervision
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Effective participant of requirements gathering, requirement analysis
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Programming certifications are plus
- Working knowledge with AWS native technologies such as EC2, S3, RDS, EKS, Lambda, AmazonMQ, API Gateway, DynamoDB etc.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 22:38:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!