Job title: Senior Clinical Research Associate – Large Pharma – (West Coast Onc)
Job description: Overview
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations. With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life. Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
Immediate opportunities for experienced Clinical Research Associates for opportunities supporting global pharmaceutical studies. The Clinical Research Associate (CRA) is responsible for conducting monitoring activities of assigned clinical trials in with compliance with the clinical research protocol, company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), codes of Good Clinical Practice (GCP), applicable regulations and guidelines
- Acts as primary local company contact for assigned sites for specific trials.
- Responsible for executing activities within site initiation and start-up, site monitoring, and site management
- Ensures site staff is trained and the corresponding training records are complete and accurate at any time point during all trial phases.
- Ensures site study supplies (such as Non-IP, lab kits, etc.) are adequate for trial conduct.
- Ensures that study materials are appropriately used, handled and stored and returns are accurately inventoried and documented.
- Arranges for the appropriate destruction of clinical supplies
- Ensures site staff completes the data entry and resolve queries within expected timelines.
- Ensures accuracy, validity and completeness of data collected at trial sites
- Ensures that all AEs/SAEs/PQCs are reported within the required reporting timelines and documented as appropriate. For AEs/SAEs, ensures that they are consistent with all data collected and with the information in the source documents.
- Maintains complete, accurate and timely data and essential documents in systems utilized for trial management (e.g. CTMS, eTMF/IF, Trial Master Source and SharePoint.
- Fully documents trial related activities in particular monitoring. Writes visit reports and uploads into eTMF within 5 working days for review and approval. Complete follow-up letter to communicate relevant information and required corrective action to the investigator and his/her team with 15 working days. Promptly communicates relevant status information and issues to appropriate stakeholders.
- Follows the corresponding Monitoring Guidelines for each assigned trial.
- Required a BA/BS degree with a minimum of 1 yrs clinical trial monitoring experience as a freelance/independent CRA contractor of pharmaceutical studies.
- Strong working knowledge of ICH-GCP, company standard operating procedures, local laws and regulations, assigned protocols and associated protocol specific procedures including monitoring guidelines.
- Strong IT skills in appropriate software and company systems.
- Willingness to travel (regionally and nationally) with occasional overnight stay away from home.
- Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career – both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Job date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 23:41:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!