Job title: Senior BizOps Engineer
Job description: Our Purpose
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior BizOps Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The BizOps Domain Protection team is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer Tech Lead who can help us solve problems, manage several Internet Domains, perform IT Asset Management responsibilities and lead projects focused around internet routing.
- Are you excited about Asset Management & all things related to managing internet domain operations?
- Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
- Are you familiar with namesevers?
- Do you have a background or interest in managing several projects concurrently?
Business Operations is leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations. We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
This specific position is to be a leader on the Information Technology Asset Management Domain Protection team. This team is responsible for setting up internet domains, managing domains transferred into our portfolio and decommissioning domains.
The role of business operations is to be the production readiness steward for the platform. This is accomplished by closely partnering with developers to implement and support mobile applications. A business operations engineer will ensure operational criteria like monitoring, self-healing, and deployment automation are implemented throughout the delivery process. Business Operations plays a key role in leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change and standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations.
We accomplish this transformation through supporting daily operations with a hyper focus on triage and then root cause by understanding the business impact of our products. The goal of every biz ops team is to shift left to be more proactive and upfront in the development process, and to proactively manage production and change activities to maximize customer experience, and increase the overall value of supported applications. Biz Ops teams also focus on risk management by tying all our activities together with an overarching responsibility for compliance and risk mitigation across all our environments. A biz ops focus is also on streamlining and standardizing traditional application specific support activities and centralizing points of interaction for both internal and external partners by communicating effectively with all key stakeholders.
Ultimately, the role of BizOps is to align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs. We regularly review our run state not only from an internal perspective, but also understanding and providing the feedback loop to our development partners on how we can improve the customer experience of our applications.
- Ensure program teams are accountable for managing domains
- Perform Asset Management governance of applications
- Design & Create reports for domains and identify opportunities/gaps for improvement
- Consult with application teams before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by ensuring app store guidelines are followed & app store issues are relayed to teams
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover
- Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
- Share knowledge and mentor junior resources
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
- Interest in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
- Experience working on internet domains or web engineering. Fundamental experience with nameservers, CNames & A Records.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 01:55:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!