Job title: PROGRAM MANAGER
Job description: Role incorporated
Basic role is Program and Project Management
Essential Background Requirements
- Typically educated to university level (e.g. Bachelor or Master). Otherwise, may hold a relevant professional qualification.
- Has extensive prior (IT related) project experience of leading large sized programs and projects (
10 years). * Has a proven record of delivery within the FS&I sector and awareness of financial regulatory requirements.
- Has a proven record of realistic estimation and demonstrates the financial/cost awareness along with the customer facing and behavioral skills to take responsibility for several large projects.
- Has shown the minimum of technical competencies and experiences as described below in the Atos PM Certification and received the Atos PM Certification as Program Manager.
- Experienced in management of international projects.
- Has an advanced level (Atos University) of English to manage a contract (negotiation, day to day project).
- Is involved in the development and promotion of the Atos portfolio, acts as an entrepreneur in internal and external management tasks.
Desirable Background Requirements
- Has an established network of contacts within the local Atos organization and the wider global Atos network or where new to Atos, demonstrates an ability to achieve this quickly.
- Business fluent in another relevant language
Technical Competencies (Skills, Knowledge& Behavior)
Strategy/ Business development
- Is involved in the development and promotion of the Atos portfolio. Collaborates closely with the Atos management team in strategic decisions and business development.
- Leads programs in highly politicized engagements, building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders at CxO level
- Provides guidance and direction to execute project reviews and evaluation with senior stakeholders. Demonstrates effectiveness as an external, independent assessor on complex projects, recommending feasible improvements/alternatives based on thought leadership (extensive experience, multiple approaches and best practice).
- Can lead large (
20 staff Atos team), geographically dispersed, multi- cultural, multi-disciplined project teams, including more than one sub-contractor in a consortium scenario, and where the solution/ technology is immature and/or leading edge. * Encourages everyone to feel that they belong and can add value. Actively coaches others, to obtain a better understanding of their strengths, weaknesses, interests and ambitions. Creates team spirit and a supportive environment. Supports the Internal Certification as Assessor.
- Seeks opportunities within current working environment to stimulate own development. Understands the consequences and responsibility of being a role model.
- Demonstrates courage in pursuing goals and objectives. Identifies and overcomes barriers to success, whilst inspiring others to work towards a clear future direction. Owns and leads major change initiatives wherever possible.
- Drives PM communities and Atos networks, knows the importance of internal networks.
- Plans and controls very complex portfolios of projects where some milestones will be considered immovable. Manages large, geographically dispersed teams and applies planning, reporting and communication methods to manage dispersal.
- Defines risk strategies, approaches and tools for projects and portfolios. Identifies and manages risks, issues and assumptions on portfolio of complex projects, where risks include political and/or reputational damage.
- Provides thought leadership in applying multiple methods/tools to increase effectiveness in complex, multi-project environments. Influences senior stakeholders to apply and/or adapt Atos standards to the project to maximize effectiveness.
- Manages seamless handover of the project outputs that are accepted by the client and/or standing Atos organization, including proposal for reallocation of staff and disposal of assets not included in handover.
- Remains effective, even in a dynamic environment. Initiates change to promote continuous improvement. Responds quickly to new and unexpected demands from customers or actions from the competition. Supports others in adjusting to change.
- Demonstrates ability to think quickly and re-direct large projects to achieve the desired business benefits. Efficiently engages with senior stakeholders to agree/influence strategy, directing complex projects and maximize benefits. Controls re-writing of the business case if required.
- Uses the distributed delivery management effectively to optimize price and delivery.
- Defines project requirements/scope with senior stakeholders up to CxO level. Leads requirement definitions and acceptance measures to remove ambiguity. Directly influences senior stakeholders up to CxO level to maximize Atos commercial position and client value.
- Regularly discusses goals and expectations with all relevant people, removing obstacles where necessary. Maintains a view on the bigger picture, even in very complex situations, evaluating interim results and their effect on achieving overall goals.
- Presents new ideas/views that provide a breakthrough for existing contexts, utilizing own/others’ ideas. Able to judge complex risk analysis and translate to possible solutions. Has a clear vision on factors that influence strategic decision making, initiating/driving development of innovative products and services, whilst learning from previous efforts.
- Influences senior stakeholders to constructively change standard approaches based on experience, knowledge and/or advanced thinking. Maximizes effectiveness while achieving standards, ensuring control of deliverables.
- Builds relationships with customers based on mutual trust and respect, maintaining this when issues arise. Seen as a well-respected sparring partner at different levels of the client. Monitors performance targets and deadlines in addition to quality standards and takes appropriate action if necessary. Tailors Atos products to best-fit customer needs.
- Demonstrates strong consistency between communication and action, is appropriately confidential and does not misrepresent others/self. Is sought out for advice and solutions. Recognizes potential areas of conflict and leads resolution.
- Promotes cross-functional team working, actively seeking opportunities to strengthen collaboration between groups. Ensures that common goals are understood and appreciates group dynamics and achievement of team results. Works active in company networks and PM communities to optimize communication.
- Effectively communicates complex information to different audiences. Commands attention and can manage large groups (for example, during a presentation). Actively engages and manages stakeholder community.
- Produces budgets and identifies controls to maintain a profitable environment. Consistently identifies and pursues opportunities to create added value for both the client and Atos, proactively pursuing additional business opportunities where possible. Demonstrates willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business advantage.
- Leads an effective overall change control – documentation, impact analysis (cost, risk, quality, staffing), approval by Change Control Board, updates and coordinates the project plan. Can propose and implement changes with senior stakeholders based on experience, knowledge and/or advanced thinking.
- Leads high complexity programs in highly politicized engagements, with respect to revenue and margin, team size, geographical spread, sub-contractor terms, risk profile and diverse technologies.
- Leads programs, maintaining effective relationships with client, Account Manager and all other parties. Commensurate with high complex projects, keeps all project documents to Atos standards. Leads excellent client relationship alongside Atos commercial position, utilizing strategic negotiations where appropriate.
Focus of Activity
Leads and manages (several) large size projects, usually within scope of experience/expertise.
Typical tasks at this level are indicated within the competency section (above), however, a summary of high-level main responsibilities are as follows:
The Program Manager leads programs in highly politicized engagements, building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders at CxO level. They are responsible for the identification, planning and coordination of a set of related projects within a program of business change, to manage their interdependencies in support of specific business strategies and objectives. They maintain a strategic view over the set of projects, providing the framework for implementing business initiatives, or large-scale change, by conceiving, maintaining and communicating a vision of the outcome of the program and associated benefits. (The vision, and the means of achieving it, may change as the program progresses). They are responsible for the agreement of business requirements, and translation of requirements into operational plans as well as the determination, monitoring, and review of program scope, revenue, cost against the program budget, margin, schedule, program resources, inter-dependencies and program risk.
They are involved in the development and promotion of the Atos portfolio, collaborating closely with the Atos management team in strategic decisions and business development.
Typically, they deliver large, high-profile projects and programs of work, with large budgets, establishing and maintaining the correct structures to control and monitor the deliverables to the business.
Contributes extensively to the annual planning and budgetary process and to the business strategy of the organization as a whole.
General Training Requirements
Suggestions for Training:
- Project Manager Essentials Learning Program:
- PM Methodology training & certification on one of the following methodologies and levels: PMP, PgMP, Prince2 Practitioner, MSP (Advanced) Practitioner, IPMA A
- Project Management Atos Specifics Curriculum – ID: NO_CE_PM_Atos_Specifics
- Division Specific Curriculum – NO_CE_PM_BPS_Specifics, NO_CE_PM_IDM_Specifics
- Global Learning Program to develop towards a Program Manager Role: Program Manager (PRM) Master Class.
- Contact L&D Back Office Support for more information on this training framework.
Professional Development Activities
Suggested areas to consider when looking at wider development to support progression include:
Be a Mentor – discusses/explores ideas and issues at an informal level to some of the junior team members in project management (or the wider Atos community). Mentoring should not be undertaken with people to whom the individual has line responsibility (so that they are able to remain informal and independent).
Educating communities – gets involved in communication activities within Atos, passing on knowledge and learning with regards to areas of expertise. Additionally (where possible) write publication material for external bodies or communities that positively profile Atos.
Participation in Professional Body Affairs – Takes an active part in professional body affairs at branch, specialist group or committee level.
Management Development – Undertakes training and practice in and gaining an understanding of the skills and techniques required to manage all or part of an organization, including business and financial management, management of change and strategic planning. This will require both on and off the job training and may include participation in an appropriate development program such as MBA
Membership of relevant project management community in local country. Relevant project manage
Location: Andhra Pradesh – Hyderabad, Telangana
Job date: Fri, 08 Oct 2021 02:12:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!