Job title: Principal Software Developer
Job description: Principal Software Engineer, IEO Security & Configuration Management Services
Location: Bangalore, India
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can t wait for you to discover this for yourself.
Dell s IEO (Infrastructure Engineering & Operations) organization provides a set of shared services for engineering labs and engineering teams across all divisions of ISG, supporting product development. The System Configuration Automation team within IEO has team members in India, Ireland and Russia and our goal is to provide an enterprise-level service to device users and lab managers, enabling them to secure their devices from vulnerabilities consistently, in a self-service manner and at a time of their choosing, whether on a per device level or in bulk.
As a Software Engineer within IEO you will use your technical, programming, and analytical skills as well as your knowledge of configuration management software products to help automate the management, configuration and governance of multiple system types in our engineering labs globally. To do this successfully you will develop mechanisms to integrate with multiple ecosystem components, determine activities that need to execute and coordinate activities between those systems.
As part of a globally dispersed, high performing team you will report to the Manager, Systems Configuration Automation, who is based in Saint Petersburg, Russia, you must have strong English, combined with an openness to learning new technologies and different ways of thinking about how to solve problems.
- Participate in analyzing and clarifying requirements and contribute to implementation plans to deliver quality features
- Contribute to development activities by designing and implementing new features, enhancements, and fixing defects
- Perform code reviews, develop design improvements
- Participate in cross-geo communications between team members
- Contribute into documentation for the team, share the knowledge with peers and advise more junior team members
- Communicating with internal customers when solving the customers issues and addressing their questions and feedback
- University Degree with a major in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Have hands-on experience of configuration management software products (Ansible & AWX)
- Hands-on experience in system administration of Windows and Linux based operating systems, Kubernetes
- Experience in working with both SQL and noSQL databases
- Experience working with CI/CD systems and source control systems
- Experience working with bug tracking, collaboration tools, cloud systems, virtualization, remote systems access
Here s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here .
Application closing date: 30th April 2022
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here .
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 08:53:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!