Job title: Principal Java Backend Developer
Job description: Job Title- Principal Java Backend Developer
Location: Bangalore, India
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself.
Dell’s IEO (Infrastructure Engineering & Operations) organization provides a set of shared services for engineering labs and engineering teams across all divisions of ISG, supporting product development. The Security & Configuration Management Services Team within IEO has team members in India, Ireland and Russia and is responsible for delivering security automation for multiple device types in engineering labs across the globe. Our goal is to provide an enterprise-level service to device users and lab managers. This enables them to secure their devices from vulnerabilities in a self-service manner at a time of their choosing, whether on a per device level or in bulk. Although the service leverages multiple underlying technologies to achieve its goal it will be presented seamlessly as a single service and single experience to users and lab managers.
As a Principal Software Engineer within IEO SCMS team you will help design and develop a service, comprised of several microservices, to integrate with multiple external systems, determine activities that need to execute and coordinate activities between those systems.
As part of a globally dispersed, high performing team you will report to the Manager, Systems Management, who is based in Saint Petersburg, Russia. As part of a globally distributed team, you must have strong English, combined with an openness to learning new technologies and different ways of thinking about how to solve problems.
- Analyze and clarify requirements and contribute to implementation plans to deliver quality features
- Participate in defining the product roadmaps, identifying priorities of features to be developed
- Design solutions that will be developed according to the requirements and roadmaps
- Contribute to development activities by implementing new features, enhancements and fixing defects
- Perform code reviews, suggest design improvements
- Participate in cross-geo communications between team members
- Contribute into documentation for the team and share the knowledge with peers
- University Degree with a major in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Hands-on experience of designing the architecture and developing distributed systems based on Java microservices, Core Java, Spring, Hibernate/JP, RESTful API. Message brokers experience, Kafka and RabbitMQ in particular
- Experience in working with RDBMS (preferably Postgres)
- Experience in working with ELK or any other similar stack
- Experience with deploying applications into container environment, especially Kubernetes, working with CI/CD system, source control systems, based on Git
- Experience in working with bug tracking, collaboration tools (preferably Atlassian toolchain – JIRA, Confluence), cloud systems, virtualization, remote systems access
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 .
Application Closing Date : 15 June 2022
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy .
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 05:01:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!