Job title: Performance Engineering Leader – SVP
Job description: The performance engineering leader will be responsible for leading the platform certification and the virtual performance engineer (VPE) teams to deliver performance engineering, benchmarking, certification and performance automation solutions for the personal banking and wealth management applications and the platform tech stack.
The platform certification is responsible for providing platform performance certification services for all the next generation platforms and core application services supporting the personal banking and wealth management programs across the regions. The next generation platforms will include platform products such as OpenShift, PAS, Gemfire, Couchbase, Redis, AWS, GCP, APIm solutions (IBM/Apigee) and others. The performance certification services for the application and platform products will include design and workload analysis, performance test design and strategy, performance test executions, performance bottleneck analysis and identification of scalability limits. The role will work directly with stakeholders/partners to ensure application and platform products are well tuned, that the customer & employee experience is optimal and that there are no production impacts because of platform/application performance or resiliency. The role will be responsible for performing Chaos experiments/testing in critical applications to build confidence in the system’s capability to withstand turbulent conditions in production.
The role is responsible for identifying strategic optimization opportunities to improve service reliability and performance, inclusive of architectural/design recommendations, code changes, configuration changes, designing and reviewing test designs including chaos experiments and other tuning.
The virtual performance engineer (VPE) team is responsible for the automation of performance certification activities throughout the SDLC, with self-service capabilities delivered via UI and CICD pipeline.
The vision is to enable anyone to be a Performance engineer in the organization through automation. The role will work directly with the regional stakeholders, practitioners to ensure all the automation feature functionalities are delivered in agile manner right from features prioritization, demo to practitioners and cadence meetings to stakeholders. The role will look at opportunities to automate all the performance certification lifecycle activities to enable developers/testers to performance engineer/test their code early in lifecycle. The role is responsible for bringing in innovation through artificial intelligence/machine learning models around forecasting/prediction/anomaly detection.
- Lead the team of platform certification and VPE engineers to deliver performance engineering, certification and automation services
- Deliver platform performance certification services with deliverables including Workload Design, Test Strategy, Environment Requirements, Data Requirements, Monitoring Requirements, Tuning Recommendations, Defect Analysis report, Performance Certification Report, Scalability/breakpoint Testing Report and FMEA results
- Identify scalability limits of the platform products such as OpenShift, GCP, PCF, AWS, APIm (IBM, Apigee), Gemfire, Solace and other products through effective performance testing and certification methodologies
- Design and deliver chaos experiments/testing strategy on a distributed system in order to build confidence in the system’s capability to withstand turbulent conditions in production.
- Develop and deliver automation features for Virtual Performance Engineering (VPE) product capabilities.
- Mentoring Application development, Operations and Testing teams on the performance certification lifecycle processes and enabling them for self-service
- Develop automated chaos testing in pre-production systems
- Create and deliver machine learning models around forecasting/prediction/anomaly detection and increase the consumption of the Machine Learning models use cases
- Strong collaboration with the Application development, Digital operations, System architecture and production management teams in fine tuning the application services and platform products for higher performance/resiliency and increasing automation consumption through VPE feature functionalities adoption
- Identify recurring system and application issues and work with all teams and stakeholders in investigating and resolving any issue.
- Strong collaboration with the product vendors, Digital Operations Team, System architecture and development teams in fine tuning the platform products for higher performance and resiliency
- Ensure platform tech stack components are architected and deployed to meet non-functional requirements for performance
- Tuning of key system components (above gold config), monitoring KPIs, identifying performance bottlenecks and providing recommendations for predicable results in production
- Devise effective mitigation and escalation strategies to address performance risks and issues. Provide performance tuning recommendations to development teams, with the goal of optimizing the customer experience.
- Lead regular project and program reviews with key stakeholders. Continuously identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain a strong risk and compliance posture. Ensure adherence to key auditable processes.
- 15+ years of experience in managing and leading engineering teams for high quality delivery
- 15+ years of experience in performance engineering or reliability engineering
- Expertise in performance benchmarking/certification of cloud and next generation tech stack components along with strong troubleshooting skills and analysts
- Systems Engineering Experience working on cloud platforms
- Experience in building automation solutions/products to reduce manual toil
- Expertise with APM Tools (e.g. AppDynamics, CA Introscope).
- Experience with Performance Testing tools (e.g. Microfocus Performance Center, Jmeter)
- Experience in engaging is large-scale projects and programs.
- Experience in financial services with specialty in the area of Enterprise-scale Application Performance testing and Optimization.
- Experience with cloud and virtualization, operations, and automation
- Demonstrated high level technical expertise diagnosing and troubleshooting complex hardware and software failures in mixed platform environment
- Experience in designing chaos experiments using chaos engineering principles
- Experience in Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Good knowledge in systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (AppDynamics, Splunk, etc.)
- Strong Architectural concepts around Cloud Computing and base software Development
- Experience of Pivotal Application Services (PAS), OpenShift, VMware cloud, AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud Computing
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
- Strong customer and quality-focus is necessary.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, decision-making and influencing skills required.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Experience in managing multiple projects at once and coordinating complex engineering projects across multiple teams.
- Experience in working with Engineers, participating in technical discussions, and resolving discussions about priorities.
- Self-starter and ability to work in a team environment
- Hard working and self-motivated. Able to work effectively under pressure
- Proactive, independent, and comfortable creating and maintaining processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Job Family Group: Technology
Job Family: Architecture
Time Type: Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .
View the ” ” poster. View the .
View the .
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Job date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 07:51:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!