Job title: Modeler
Company: Risk Management Solutions
Job description: RMS model development team boasts a team of about 100 scientists building mathematical models that predict the distributions of possible damage due to the effects of earthquakes, tropical storms, extra-tropical storms, thunderstorms, storm-surges, and floods, using a combination of observed data, reanalysis data, numerical and statistical models and data assimilation. RMS is the pioneer on the development and application of complex statistical and numerical modelling methods for the quantification of natural hazard risk. RMS’ risk models are the most detailed and comprehensive models of natural catastrophes produced anywhere in the world. Our clients include several hundred insurance and reinsurance companies as well as brokers, banks, hedge funds, regional and local governments, and multilateral agencies.
Objective of the Modeler
- Responsible for the overall development of Geotechnical model methodology, development of geotechnical data layers through scientific modeling required in developing the full-fledged earthquake model. Maintain and deliver the geotechnical data and data components with highest quality for RMS products.
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables:
- Overall responsible to develop new methodology, scientific interpretation of ground investigation reports to prepare the geotechnical hazard layers as part of developing model for earthquake
- Proactive participation in coming up with new approaches and taking up challenges in the areas of earthquake hazard assessment
- Develop, demonstrate, and implement new model development methods, techniques, interpretation, and their documentation
- Responsible for process enhancement initiative to meet the model development requirements
- Accountable to develop method/technique to assess the quality of geotechnical data layers
- Ability to write code independently in R or Python environment to handle/interpret complex scientific datasets, scaling of data layers
- Involve in applying geotechnical, geospatial, geostatistical, and other supportive domain knowledge in deriving additional data sources for earthquake model development
- Provide technical support both internally to RMS’ staff and to clients
- The position will require independent work and being able to perform required research
- Preparing presentations and reports for internal and external publications
- D. in Civil, Geotechnical, Earthquake Engineering, or related field or
- MS, ME, M. Tech in Civil, Geotechnical, Earthquake Engineering with 4-5 years of relevant experience in catastrophe model development or Geotechnical/Earthquake Engineering
- Good understanding of Geotechnical Engineering concepts, data analysis and scientific interpretation of Vs30, SPT, CPT field tests, Groundwater data analysis and their interpretation for liquefaction hazard assessment, interpretation of shake induced landslide observation data
- Proficiency in data analytics and data manipulation is required
- Proficiency in programming languages like R, Python, VBA, or equivalent is preferred
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Job date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 03:22:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!