Job title: Medical Writer
Job description: The Medical Writer researches, prepares, and coordinates scientific publications. The Medical Writer is responsible for researching, writing, and editing clinical/statistical reports and study protocols, and summarizing data from clinical studies for submission to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).The Medical Writer researches, prepares, and coordinates scientific publications. The Medical Writer is responsible for researching, writing, and editing clinical/statistical reports and study protocols, and summarizing data from clinical studies for submission to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA in a scientific discipline(or licensed certification) with 4+ years relevant writing experience or
- Advanced degree with 2+ years relevant writing experience
- 2 years relevant experience as a medical writer, preferably within the pharmaceutical industry
- Or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess the ability to manage large projects with minimal supervision
- Must possess the ability to coordinate production of deliverables and provide leadership to a project team
- Must possess independence in decision making and problem solving
- Must demonstrate an ability to serve as a departmental resource for training, mentoring, and the development of process improvements for Medical Writing
- Must possess all requisite skills of the Medical Writer position, including excellent grammatical, editorial, and proofreading skills, and the ability to interpret and present extremely complex data
- Work is performed in an office/ laboratory and/or a clinical environment.
- Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms.
- Exposure to electrical office equipment.
- Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves.
- Ability to work in an upright and /or stationary position for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, with frequent bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
PPD is an affirmative actionemployer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment ofmutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities withoutregard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity,sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any otherprotected group.
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Job date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 22:46:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!