Job title: Lead Software Engineer (C++)
Job description: Leica Microsystems – Lead Software Engineer
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world-class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and, industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise. Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, and Medical Division. Leica Microsystems has six manufacturing facilities in five countries, with sales and service organizations in 20 countries. The company is headquartered in Wetzlar, Germany.
“Danaher India Development Center (IDC) is a research and development site with the vision of accelerating product roadmaps across various Danaher business segments. Starting in 2014, today IDC is 450+ associates from six Danaher operating companies namely Beckman Coulter, Radiometer, Leica Biosystems, Danaher Digital, Hach and, Leica Microsystems. The teams at the center work in close coordination with other global R&D centers in the US, France, Germany, Japan, Australia and, Denmark. Located at the center of Bangalore IT HUB, IDC is housed at state of art world-class facility.”
Leica Microsystems Life Science division:
We develop high-tech precision microscopes for the analysis of microstructures with the user, for the user. In our product portfolio, you will find microscopes for life science including biotechnology as well as for research and development of raw materials and industrial quality assurance. With such complex use, there is a need for highly reliable, quality software. This is made possible due to a highly diverse & vibrant team along with a quality-centric agile process in which you will be trained. You now have a great opportunity of being part of the above committed & engaged team. You can take pride in the fact that you are giving back to society by working on devices that help save lives and keep us healthy.
Lecia MicroSystems is looking for a Lead Software engineer to join the software development team responsible for developing software applications for Digital Microscope imaging for Microsurgery (Neuro) and Ophthalmology.
What We Are Looking For:
- Should have 8-12 years of relevant experience in the software development
- Hands-on in architecting small-to-medium scale multi-layered applications using an object-oriented language and data management system.
- Excellent technical knowledge of C++/STL/messaging/socket/ cyber-security standards on Windows platform and have a passion to work across technologies including C#, net, PowerShell, etc.
- Experience in designing, building, and maintaining efficient and reliable C++ code
- Strong understanding of OOPS, Data structures, computational complexity, Design patterns.
- Strong analytical and quick learning skills
- Proven experience in performing proof of concepts to resolve complex technical challenges
- Experience in Agile software development process.
- A thorough understanding of engineering (or software) development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes &Unit testing
- Technical knowledge and experience, ideally in areas of software development for clinical and medical device development would be an advantage
- A proven team player and problem solver with the ability to work collaboratively to brainstorm, uncover key issues, troubleshoot, and recommend/implement solutions
- Highly Desirable: Experience working on medical applications or other highly regulated application domains
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities are required.
- Ability to establish solid business relationships and work effectively in a dynamic team environment.
- Excellent written, communication, and social skills, with meticulous attention to detail that extends beyond written and verbal communication.
- Lead internal teams in the adoption of SDL, specifically source code analysis, threat modeling, risk analysis and, writing product security requirements
- Cyber security fundamentals
- Familiarity with working with all pieces of a DevOps toolchain (coding, source management, building, testing, packaging, releasing, and monitoring)
- Experience of working in Agile/Scrum development methodologies with an understanding of several aspects of SW development processes.
- Understanding of the Tool stacks like Teamcity/Jenkins, git, visual studio, Confluence, Jira
- Experience in working with medical devices
- Experience in Regulated Medical Device software development, knowledge relevant standards
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world-class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and, applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need skilled people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and bring value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 23:55:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!