Job title: Lead Associate Product Engineering-India
Job description: With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 8,600 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $1.8 billion in revenues in fiscal 2021.
Learn more at . Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Job Title: Executive – FEA & CFD
Roles and Responsibility:
- Conducting simulations by using tools like ANSYS Workbench, ANSYS Fluent, EDEM, MATLAB, CUTPRO, THIRDWAVE AdvantEdge and analytical methods to perform Structural, Metal cutting, metal forming and process simulations.
- Gather all the data required to perform simulations from customers. Perform pre and post processing as required, prepare simulation reports, and communicate with global teams.
- Serving Cutting Tools subsystems like Standard Engineering, Customs Solutions, Field Sales, Production plants, Special Purpose Machines, Fixture design, Global Design Teams etc.
- Predict product behavior in different applications. Handle troubleshooting and perform failure investigations in house or travel to interface with production plants or customer’s onsite if needed.
- Incumbent is expected to remain knowledgeable of external technology trends and developments in mathematical modeling and computer aided engineering field globally.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Material Science/ Manufacturing Technology/ Computational Analysis/ Computational Mechanics/ Allied branches
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Material Science/ Manufacturing Technology/ Allied branches with at least 2 year of work experience in FEA & Material modeling and Engineering Analysis related areas.
- Must have prior experience in FEA practices. Metal cutting experience in relevant manufacturing field is desired.
- Prior exposure to tool design/ application/ machining/ material modeling/ structural/ dynamic/ Harmonic analysis is preferred.
- Demonstrated applied knowledge of physical metallurgy and microstructure-properties relationship, as well as strong background in mechanical behavior of materials and test methods are required.
- The incumbent must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills and be able to ensure that scientific tools, such as statistical and other mathematical tools, design of experiment, optimization etc. are being properly utilized.
- A demonstrated track record of delivering solutions to customer problems, and strong project management skills are required.
- Ability to work in a team environment and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and be capable of representing Kennametal externally through publications and participation in technical symposia and trade shows.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 23:46:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!