MACS – Agharkar Research Institute (ARI) an autonomous Institute of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India is committed to the promotion of science and technology with emphasis on high standards of research and development activities for the benefit of humankind and the nation. The current research activities encompass biological sciences and focus on six thematic areas Biodiversity & Palaeobiology, Bioenergy, Bioprospecting, Developmental Biology, Genetics & Plant Breeding and Nanobioscience.
Post : Research Associate -I (1 No.)
Title, Period of the Project & Post Code : “Microbial culture collection activity”. Period up to : 1 year (Extendable) Post Code : ARI/MIC-10/RA-I
Group/ Division : Bioenergy Group
Qualifications Essential :
Essential : M.Sc. (Microbiology) and Ph.D. (Microbiology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry) with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) Journal.
1. Experience in culturing microbes, (especially ANAEROBES) their polyphasic identification and taxonomy.
2. Experience in molecular biology techniques, including NGS and data analysis.
3. Expertise in protein expression, protein purification and enzyme kinetics.
4. Publications in journals of national and international repute.
Follow us on Instagram for Private and Govt Job Updates – Click Here to Follow
Join our Whatsapp Group for latest government job updates – Click Here to Join our WhatsApp Group
From below link, you can join our Telegram Channel – Click Here to Join our Telegram Group
Monthly stipend : Rs.47000/- + HRA
Age limit (as on date of interview) :
(a) Up to 35 years.
(b) Age relaxation of upto 5 years (Upto 40 years for SC/ST/ Differently abled/ women candidates.
(C) 3 years (Upto 38 years) for OBC (Non-creamy layer)
1. Candidates fulfilling above conditions may apply through online link http://arijob.ourlib.in
and attach scan copy of original certificates of educational qualification, recent passport size photograph, caste certificate issued by competent authority (for reserved category), receipt of online payment of fees (DO NOT ATTACH OTHER CERTIFICATES/DOCUMENTS) on or before 31 July 2023
2. Non-refundable application fee of Rs.100/- (except SC/ST/women and PH candidates) to be paid online through https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm or link available on Institute Website aripune.org (Pay application fees on SBI Collect under Announcements). Candidates should attach the receipt of online payment of fees and indicate the online receipt number in the application form. The Institute is not responsible for any incomplete/pending/failed transactions of online application fee payments, and they may contact the concerned bank in this regard.
3. The prescribed essential qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same will not entitle the candidate to be called for interview. The Institute reserves the right to select a suitable candidate.
4. Candidates attending the interview should report on time as per the date and time schedule mentioned above.
5. In the case of deserving and exceptionally qualified candidates, desirable qualifications are relaxed at the discretion of the Competent Authority.
Last date for receipt of Application :31st July 2023
Display of the short list of candidates for interview : Will be displayed on the Institute website.
Mode of Interview : Will be communicated by email to shortlisted candidates
Note: No T.A. is admissible for attending interview and selected candidate will have no right for appointment against any ARI or funding agency’s post/s.