Job title: Intermediate Software Engineer, Cloud Backend (India) – evertz.io
Company: Evertz Microsystems
Job description: Skills and Experience you will bring:
- 3 years’ professional experience with Python, Java, or equivalent.
- 2 years’ Experience with the design, planning and implementation of APIs using RESTful conventions.
- At least 1 year of exposure to Cloud computing (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- A good eye for well-structured, modular and maintainable code
- A passion for writing unit tests for your code
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly
- Keen on participating in peer-reviewing code for technical accuracy, ensuring that technical standards are met
Additional skills and experience that will be useful:
- Familiar with microservices architectures and patterns
- Experience creating Serverless applications using event-driven architecture (AWS API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, EventBridge, etc).
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB)
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline)
- Knowledge of major architecture styles and design patterns (message oriented, event based, etc.)
- Experience building SaaS products in a multi-tenant environment
- Familiar with integration and contract testing
- Knowledge of networking
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code in the cloud (CloudFormation, AWS CDK, Terraform).
About the Role
The evertz.io Engineering Team builds next-generation systems for content management and distribution in the Media and Entertainment industry. Disney, NBCUniversal, Discovery, BBC, and many other content producers and publishers use our products and services to make the most of their file-based and live content for the least effort.
We work with high quality video in real-time and non-real-time scenarios across a wide range of cutting-edge tech. Specializations within the group span from low-level video manipulation and analysis, through back-end management and orchestration services, to web delivered UIs. Working in parallel with these teams is the Scientific Computing Group who work in computer vision, data science and machine learning, taking experiments in Jupyter notebooks through to deployment in production. This makes for a challenging and rewarding engineering experience of continual learning and plenty of opportunity to explore different parts of the stack.
Our technology stack includes a Serverless microservice architecture that capitalizes on the full breadth of AWS services with code written in Python, Rust and Java, our UI uses the latest versions of Angular, Typescript and NgRx, our CI/CD pipelines leverage AWS, Jenkins, Nexus, and Bazel in addition to our in-house release-management application to build and release 100’s of software components.
We’re looking for talented and passionate developers and architects to join our cloud-based backend development team. We are building a collection of services that will be used by the biggest names in the exciting broadcast and media industry. Our services are hosted in AWS, with a Serverless First mindset. Following event-driven architecture, our stack is mainly Python and Java, with a heavy portion of infrastructure as code. We work closely with our frontend and product teams to build great services that will help our customers achieve their goals.
As part of this role, you will take the lead on the design, architecture and implementation of new core features in our multi-tenant SaaS platform: evertz.io. We offer flexible working hours, great benefits, and the freedom to experiment with new technologies and tools to build better products.
“Work is a thing you do, not a place you go”
We work in agile, low-bureaucracy, high-creativity, cross-functional teams spread across the world. It’s a highly creative work environment where we support your growth with opportunities for career progression, mentoring others and third-party education. The team is built on trust and is relaxed, open and welcoming to all, and there’s fun to be had with regular social events and sports teams.
As part of this role, you will be expected to:
- Assist in team projects and be involved in all steps of the lifecycle, including design, implementation, testing, and production.
- Contribute to existing documentation or educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback.
- Write product or system development code.
- Participate in design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
This role allows you to work with “Full Flexibility” – for any work where being physically close to fixed equipment is not a requirement, you have the option to work remotely.
Remote working is not the same as working from home, WFH is just one very common option. You can work from wherever gets the creative juices flowing: coffee shops, co-working places, the park, a different country even! Anywhere with Internet access.
Of course, working from an office is an option too especially if you’re craving some ad hoc in-person interaction! Evertz has offices in Canada, England, Scotland, India, Singapore, Hong Kong, Virginia, California, Arizona, Ohio, Hungary, Belgium, Poland and Australia. Many have great spaces for meet-ups as well as permanent or floating desk space.
This role allows you to work asynchronously meaning you can contribute at the times when you do your best work. Some people are early-birds, some are night-owls, maybe Saturday is better than Wednesday? Whilst some overlap for core meetings is needed, you don’t have to do your deep work between 9 and 5.
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary with annual performance-based bonus and stock option schemes. A pension plan; an employer funded health and medical plan; life insurance plan; long term disability coverage; paid time off; an employee assistance program; and a discount platform. The availability and specifics of these benefits vary by location, details of which will be provided during the hiring process.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 08:59:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!