Job title: Engineering Manager
Job description: Company Description
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
We are currently looking to bring on a talented, self-motivated and conscientious Engineering Manager to work in our Open Access platform focusing on helping researchers, institutes publish research content through one of our 3000+ journals.
We are in an exciting phase of change, where we are embarking on a journey of building new digital products, in enriching the experience of our customers / users. This position plays a key role in ensuring that we provide a robust solution to support our services and customers. In this role, you’ll lead a talented team of driven Engineers working on some highly visible, large-scale projects with influence over a wide range of business and technology stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a team of ~20 Software Engineers
- Build and grow a High Performance, motivated team of engineers
- Foster and maintain a safe, inclusive work atmosphere and build a healthy and collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Work closely with Business teams, Product managers, engineers, and QA to plan, own and deliver solutions with quality and as per agreed and committed timelines
- Use Agile methodologies and principles. Constantly work towards introducing and evolving best practices and processes within the team
- Cultivate an engineering culture of constant growth and continuous improvement via coaching, mentoring, providing constant feedback and setting clear and measurable goals
- Display ownership in ensuring design, development, enhancement and implementation of reliable features and services, in adherence to the targeted design and architecture
- Help set the vision of the services under the team’s ownership
- Help align the roadmap based on customer and company desires
- Build the technology the right way: for us, this means simple, well-tested services that gradually grow over time, and that provide plenty of insight into production performance.
- Attract, Hire and retain talented engineers into the team
What we’re looking for:
- 12-15 years of overall experience with at-least 2 years of experience managing engineering teams.
- Demonstrated team management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven track record of shipping features and meeting milestones consistently with quality
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills and an ability to build strong relationships and trust throughout the organization
- Excellent Prioritization skills, ability to anticipate and plan ahead
- Ability to sense, plan and execute automation where needed
- Sense of urgency and mindset to improve consistently
- In-depth knowledge and experience developing applications using MEAN Stack.
- Experience working on cloud computing services like AWS Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, SNS/SQS, S3, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD tools like GitHub, GitHub Actions, Travis, NPM, Shell Script etc.
- Excellent knowledge of microservices, data modelling techniques, REST Web services
- Experience designing / developing with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer).
- Excellent communication skills while addressing technical and non-technical audiences
- Prior experience delivering using Agile on at least 2 key projects.
- Relevant years of experience in an IT technical role.
- Excellent knowledge of a wide area of information systems concepts and practice, both within and beyond own organization. Including all stages of systems development. Has a deep and demonstrable knowledge of at least one area of specialisation
- Can demonstrate a rational and organized approach to the tasks undertaken and an awareness of the need to achieve quality
- Experience with publishing, royalties or finance business processes would be an advantage.
- Excellent analytical ability, attention to detail, and understanding of the importance of commercial constraints
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills with stakeholders of all levels
- 24 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Medical insurance for self and dependants; life cover and personal accident cover for self
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- Blended style and flexi working time
- Right tools for remote working
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
You must have the right to work and live in the India
This role is based at our Bangalore office
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 23:01:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!