Job title: Developer I (.NET Developer)
Company: United Airlines
Job description: We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Associate Developer (Developer I) plays the support role in creating and maintaining software solutions supporting United’s Pilot Records business requirements. The Developer’s role is to develop, design, create, and modify software applications/systems to support core business functions. This individual will apply proven technical (best practices and patterns), communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help develop/design/implement software applications/systems to maximize IT’s benefit to United Air Lines.
- Develop and modify software applications/systems according to specifications
- Basic understanding of requirements analysis
- Provides limited support to the software development leads (Senior Developer) during the design portion of the SDLC
- Support and troubleshoot software systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing follow-up on all issues and solutions
- Complete comprehensive unit testing on all developed/enhanced software
- Works on a limited number of projects at a time as a member of a project team
- Demonstrate working knowledge of SDLC processes, inputs/outputs, standards and best practices
- Demonstrate working knowledge of development methodologies, software design and design patterns, integration standards as well as its applicability at coding and testing cycles
- Demonstrate working knowledge of software engineering best practices such as: versioning and versioning control, software packaging and software release management
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the application of development domain areas and specific technologies and tool set
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
- BS/BA, preferably in a technical or scientific field or equivalent experience, education or training.
- 2+ years of experience developing application with C# / .Net
- 2+ years of development experience on RESTful APIs, Microservices, ASP.Net Core.
- Good understanding of relational and NoSQL databases (MS SQL, DynamoDB)
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design principles and the ability to analyze requirements and transform them into code using patterns and best practices
- Knowledge using version control – Git/GitHub and CI/CD – Jenkins, Maven
- Experience/knowledge of AWS services is a plus.
- Experience in writing quality code and on time delivery of quality components and or applications
- Experience at component and unit testing of following standard practices and methodologies
- Capable of utilizing the technologies and domain knowledge with the delivery of developed components or integrated components
- Experience at working problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires review of a variety of factors
- Capable at triage or analysis of situations for production support
- Experience with on time delivery with general supervision
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Effective participant of requirements gathering and requirements analysis
- Effective communication skills
- Effective technical documentation
- Must be self-motivated
- Analytical thinker
- Grasp of Technology
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Must be legally authorized to work in India for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Computer Science
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 02:58:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!