Job title: Data Validation Chemist
Job description: 19724BR
Primary Purpose of Job:
Stantec is seeking qualified individuals to perform laboratory data reviews and data validation. Stantec conducts environmental site assessments and the remediation of contaminated land across the globe. These projects typically involve the collection of soil, sediment, surface water, groundwater, and air samples for laboratory analysis to evaluate general chemistry, as well as inorganic, and organic constituents in these media. Data quality assessments involve a preliminary review of quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) samples (e.g., trip blanks, field blanks, duplicates) and laboratory reviews (i.e., case narratives) to evaluate the quality of the analytical data. Data validation is a more formal, rigorous process to evaluate the quality of laboratory data. In addition to reviewing QA/QC samples, data validators conduct a more in-depth review of detections to verify results have been calculated correctly and provide data qualifier flags and comments to assist in determining the usability of the data for the project.
- Perform data review and validation for multi-media chemical data in accordance with United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) National Functional Guidelines, USEPA Regional, and/or State guidelines.
- Evaluate environmental laboratory analytical data for compliance with project QA/QC requirements provided in project-specific Work Plans and Quality Assurance Project Plans (QAPPs).f
- Prepare data usability summaries/validation reports – compilation of QA/QC forms, tables and report writing.
- Maintain communications with Laboratories on requirements for data delivery.
- Support field efforts during preparation of sampling plans and preparation for field work.
- Manage data flow from the laboratory to final reporting
- Act as liaison between laboratory, field team, and project management during project implementation
Data Validation Chemist
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science or Engineering required.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in environmental analytical chemistry, either as a laboratory analyst, data validator, or combination of both.
- Experience in laboratory procedures and QA/QC processes.
- Familiarity with USEPA analytical Methods
- Experience/familiarity with operation and use of analytical laboratory equipment (e.g., ICP, ICP-MS, HPLC, GC, and/or GC/MS) is preferred
- Knowledge of the principles and standards of scientific study, field investigation, sampling, experimentation, quality assurance of chemical measurements, research and documentation
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Environmental Engineer
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 02:17:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!