Job title: Data Scientist II
Job description: About Locus:
Locus is a technology platform that uses machine learning and proprietary algorithms to automate complex supply chain decisions. We are building The World’s Best Dispatch Management Platform in Final Mile. Our smart supply chain solutions provide end-to-end visibility and enable enterprises to enhance their operational efficiency by reining costs, streamlining the customer experience, and reducing environmental impact.
Headquartered at Bangalore, India, we have offices present across, North America, South East Asia, EU. We are a 300+ strong team and growing rapidly.
With a strong base of investors, GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, Qualcomm Ventures LLC, Tiger Global, Falcon Edge, Blume Ventures, pi Ventures, and others., Locus has raised around $80 million across multiple rounds.
Locus’ scalable solutions include route optimization, real-time tracking and analytics, sales beat optimization, territory planning, vehicle allocation and network design. Our future-ready platform has resulted in $150 million+ savings in logistics costs, 70 million+ kilometer reductions in distance traveled, and 17 million+ kilograms reduction in GHG emissions across clients like Nestle, Mondelez, Unilever, BigBasket, Bluedart, Bukalapak, The Tata Group, and many others.The company powers deliveries across North America, Europe, Southeast Asia, Middle East, ANZ, and the Indian Subcontinent.
Founded in 2015 by two Amazon engineers Nishith Rastogi and Geet Garg. Nishith has been profiled by Forbes Asia in their ’30 Under 30′ 2018 list. Geet holds a dual degree (BTech and MTech) in Computer Science and Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur
Visit to know more or follow us on LinkedIn!
This is the job you are searching for if you love:
- Data gathering, Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA), feature engineering, model creation
- Writing idiomatic, production level code and deploy in production environment
- Designing models and develop algorithms using feature engineering, statistical modeling and machine learning techniques and deployment/maintenance of such models in production environment
- Handling multiple problems at the same time
- Stakeholder management – internal teams and external clients as necessary
- Patent document writing
- Mentoring junior data scientists
Innovation Commitment Ambition Integrity Pride
You could be the next game changer at Locus if you:
- Have the ability to define the problem based on requirements shared by client/product
- Have great coding skills – Python (preferred)
– High proficiency in use of scientific libraries similar to and not limited to pandas, matplotlib, nltk,
numpy, sklearn, seaborn, scipy, etc.
- Can process data at scale and possess knowledge of distributed systems
- Have 3-6 years of experience working in an analytics role / data science role.
- Possess critical and creative thinking
- Have working knowledge of PyTorch, Keras and/or TensorFlow or similar framework
- Have published patents / publications in national or international tier-1 peer-reviewed journals or conferences is a big plus.
- Armed with:
– Knowledge of Apache Spark/Hadoop and EcoSystem tools is a big plus
– Logistics and Supply Chain domain experience is a big plus
Life at Locus
That’s not all! At Locus we do our best to keep our folks happy and motivated with some really cool perks:
- You decide your own Work From Home (WFH) and Out Of Office (OOO)
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Attractive maternity and paternity leave policy
- L&D programs for career development
- Bi- Annual appraisals
- Wellness programs for the team
- An always-stacked in-house pantry
- Healthy catered meals at office
- Pet-friendly – bring your pets to the office any day.
- A ‘no-questions-asked’ expense policy
- A fully equipped hardware lab for your tinkering projects
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 00:06:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!