Job title: Cloud Architect
Company: Red Hat
Job description: Cloud Architect Posting Location : Location MX-Remote Posting date 13 hours ago(12/27/2021 10:56 AM) Job ID 92887 Workday ID R-020126 Category Consulting About the job
The Red Hat Global Solutions Architecture (GSA) Assets and Programs team is looking for a Cloud Architect broadly specialized in Red Hat s core platforms to join us remotely or in any of our locations. In this role, you will work as part of the GSA team. You ll collaborate across all of Red Hat, the external partner ecosystem, and the community to ensure that relevant technical assets are delivered to Red Hat presales teams in a timely and differentiated manner. As a Cloud Architect, you will design and guide the development of globally repeatable, interoperable Red Hat s solution stacks, validated designs, proofs of technology, functional demos, and other technical artifacts that meet the needs of Red Hat s field, our customers, and our internal and external technology partners. You ll need to have a solid understanding of and direct experience configuring, integrating, scaling, and upgrading Red Hat s platforms and portfolio. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business. What you will do
- Design, create, and deliver validated designs and workshops to enable Red Hat s solutions architects to consistently demonstrate and pilot our cloud platform offerings and solutions at scale
- Create and contribute to the development of repeatable implementation methodologies, technical artifacts, and tooling to expand Red Hat s cloud portfolio presence, services capabilities, and customer engagements and reduce delivery risks
- Identify gaps and opportunities related to portfolio, platform architectures, proofs of technology and proofs of concepts, and recommend modifications
- Work closely with presales practice leads, solutions architects, and product managers to ensure successful proofs of technology and an outstanding customer experience with Red Hat s platform offerings
- Win the confidence of our prospective customers and partners through successful delivery of discovery and design workshops that shape customer use cases and architectural decisions aligned with Red Hat s sales conversations
- Advice on implementing Red Hat s best practices and inspire and shape platform and technology integration by sharing your Red Hat portfolio, solutions integration, and interoperability experiences
- Lead field education and adoption through successful pilots, workshops, and lab demonstrations
- Demonstrate open source thought leadership by producing excellent demos, designs, whitepapers, webinars, etc., and by speaking on behalf of the GSA team and Red Hat at events
- Facilitate technology and design discussions and cross-pollinate ideas and plans between the GSA team and the broader Red Hat organization
What you will bring
- Bachelor s degree in computer science, engineering, or a comparable field
- Proven and credible direct experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP), Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform, or Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Previous experience developing enterprise or cloud scale software offerings
- Proven ability to manage project schedules, team dynamics, and partner and customer engagements
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Implementation experience with traditional enterprise private and hybrid cloud offerings, workloads, tools, and technologies, e.g., VMware, Microsoft, Docker, Red Hat, etc.
- Published blueprints, whitepapers, proofs of value, or reference architectures
- 5+ years of experience with and knowledge of cloud technologies and concepts like distributed computing, software-defined networking (SDN), software-defined storage (SDS), orchestration and automation, scheduling, resource management, high availability, multitenancy, virtualization, containers and microservices, serverless, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with and demonstrable ability to gather requirements, communicate technical requirements and transfer knowledge to a project team, and communicate effectively with project managers and team leaders; ability to guide and coach team members in developing technical solutions
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% following Red Hat s COVID-19 guidelines
The following are considered a plus:
- Red Hat certifications for roles like OpenShift administrator or cloud architect
- Direct experience with compute, storage, and network architectures for highly available, cloud-scale applications
- Demonstrated open source community participation
- Validated professional consideration, inclusivity, and collaboration skills
- Comfortable and confident working with little guidance or direction
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Options ApplyApply Share Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Red Hat s culture is built on the open source principles of transparency, collaboration, and inclusion, where the best ideas can come from anywhere and anyone. When this is realized, it empowers people from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences to come together to share ideas, challenge the status quo, and drive innovation. Our aspiration is that everyone experiences this culture with equal opportunity and access, and that all voices are not only heard but also celebrated. We hope you will join our celebration, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all the beautiful dimensions of diversity that compose our global village.
Read our complete Statement of Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee. ,
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Job date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 08:47:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!