Job title: Clinical Research Coordinator
Job description: Job Overview
Perform a variety of clinical procedures to collect, record, report and interpret data on patients enrolled and/or seeking enrollment in clinical studies according to the protocol, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and Good Clinical Practice (GCP). Assist with daily workload planning.
- Provide clinical research support to investigators to prepare for and execute assigned research studies, including:
- Review study protocols, Case Report Forms (CRFs), other study-specific documents, and electronic data capture systems used to record clinical research data;
- Attend all relevant study meetings;
- Collect and submit regulatory/ethics documentation as required by the FDA and other regulatory bodies governing the conduct of clinical research;
- Recruit and screen patients for clinical trials and maintain subject screening logs;
- Orient research subjects to the study, including the purpose of the study, procedures, and protocol issues such as timelines for visits;
- Design and maintain source documentation based on protocol requirements;
- Schedule and execute study visits and perform study procedures;
- Collect, record and maintain research subject study data according to study protocol and SOPs, preserving quality control for content, accuracy and completeness;
- Handle lab testing and analysis, including preparation of specimen collection tubes and lab logistics;
- Monitor subject safety and report adverse reactions to appropriate medical personnel;
- Correspond with research subjects and troubleshoot study-related questions or issues;
- Participate in “huddles” to confirm daily study tasks are assigned to team members and are executed to the expected standards;
- Assist with study data quality checking and query resolution.
- Perform a variety of complex clinical research procedures including but not limited to ECG, sample collection, spirometry, vital signs, dose verification, cannulation and cardiac telemetry monitoring.
- Record, report and interpret study findings appropriately to develop a study-specific database.
- Assist investigator in verifying that research study objectives are met on time, within budget and according to applicable protocol requirements, clinical research regulations and quality standards.
- Provide training to new investigator site staff members on study-specific topics and requirements. Assist in maintaining adherence to investigator site staff training requirements by auditing and maintaining training records.
- Prepare for and attend study monitoring visits, study audits, and regulatory inspections with clinical research regulatory agencies.
- Assist research site with coverage planning related to staffing and scheduling for research projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree Req Or
- High School Diploma or equivalent Req
- 3 years’ relevant work experience in a clinical environment or medical setting, e.g., medical assistant, assistant nurse, laboratory technician; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience Req
- Working knowledge of clinical trials
- Working knowledge of the principles of Good Clinical Practices (GCP)
- In-depth knowledge of departmental, protocol and study-specific operating procedures, consent forms, and study schedules
- Skill in carrying out required clinical procedures such as intravenous catheter insertion and spirometry testing
- Good skill in using MS Windows and Office applications such as Access, Outlook and Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- Applicable certifications and licenses as required by company, country, state, and/or other regulatory bodies Req
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 08:19:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!