Job title: Clinical Application Consultant – Bioinformatics, APJ
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job description: Job Description
We are currently looking for a Clinical Applications Consultant with a strong background in Next Generation Sequencing and Bioinformatics. You would be part of a team focused on supporting the software/analysis needs of clinical testing labs from the Asia Pacific and Japan region.
- Understand and support the needs of customers implementing Lab Developed Tests on the software/analysis for our Thermo Fisher Scientific / Ion Torrent / Oncomine™ product portfolio.
- “Customer first” approach to troubleshooting clinical support issues.
- Responsible for maximizing customer value/satisfaction by aligning complex product solutions and services with key customer initiatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers and/or potential influencers
- Understanding the clinical regulated LDT customer and work with Oncology Sales to develop a successful commercial strategy for this market.
- Manage technical escalations from support teams in the Asia Pacific and Japan region.
Job duties will include the following tasks:
- Review and assist customers with analyses of their Ion Torrent data using Torrent Suite, Ion Reporter, and Oncomine™ Reporter software packages.
- Help customers design and conduct experiments to assist in evaluations of Ion Torrent / Thermo Fisher products.
- Promote new clinical product solutions at customer sites and at conferences/user meetings.
- Work in collaboration with the Oncology Sales Team and Thermo Fisher support partners to set up the best support strategy for each customer site
- Build strong relationships with customers.
- Maintain consistent and structured communication with counterparts and articulate summarized communication to Manager on a periodic basis.
- Obtain successful adoption of the technology within all applied markets while investigating the potential of other applications and solutions both pre-clinically and clinically.
- Align with other teams in the company on a regular basis.
- Estimated 30% travel.
Experience/Qualifications/Qualities that are important in this role
- Graduate (minimum) qualification in an appropriate science subject, molecular biology or bioinformatics preferred
- Knowledge of Linux and scripting required.
- Experience in bioinformatics application is mandatory. Molecular biology experience is strongly desirable.
- “Customer First” approach to support.
- Previous experience as application specialist desirable (NGS experience desirable).
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to understand and articulate complex scientific literature and use extensive complex clinical data as a key factor in the sales process.
- Strong drive for success
- Medical background, laboratory experience, and/or managed care knowledge desirable skills.
- Understanding regulatory guidelines is desired but not mandatory (CAP, CLIA, NYSDH, etc.).
Visit our and join our for an exciting career opportunities within Thermo Fisher.
Business Management, Field Services, Sales, Scientist
Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Location: India – Australia
Job date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 03:34:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!