Job title: Associate Scientific Editor-Physical Science
Job description: Associate Scientific Editor(Physical Science)
Would you like to help publish innovative Scientific research?
Would you like to work with the leading submissions, editorial and peer-review platform in publishing?
About our Team
Elsevier is a global information analytics company. We are a provider of science, technical and medical information, products and services that help progress science and advance healthcare. We have locations in North America, Europe, South America & Asia.
About the Role
As an Associate Scientific Editor you will be focusing on our Physical science sections in Heliyon. This job offers a unique opportunity to start your editorial career with an exciting journal.
- Managing the peer review and publication process of assigned manuscripts in a growing open access journal
- Assessing submitted research papers to identify potential content for our publications
- Working with the Heliyon team to develop the journal’s processes and content
- Contributing to Heliyon team and innovation projects by identifying exciting new topics and research.
- Overseeing the peer review process to verify the content and to make editorial recommendations
Writing preview articles to introduce our readership to new findings.
- A relevant doctoral degree in the physical science.
- Have an exceptional command of the English language and the ability to write in an engaging and interesting manner
- Have Knowledge/experience in medical ethics/study design/trial registration.
- Have excellent organizational skills and be able to adapt and flex to deliver multiple priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Be able to think critically and creatively to resolve problems and implement solutions
- Be willing to learn and absorb new areas of research
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Group Health Insurance Policy (covering self and family)
- Group Life insurance/accident policy
- Generous long-service awards
- New Baby gift
- Subsidised food provided (applies to India- Chennai)
- Casual Leave, Sick Leave, Privilege Leave, Compassionate Leave, Special Sick Leave, Gazetted Public Holiday and Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Free Transport provided to and from the office (applies to India-Chennai)
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Please read our
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Job date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 22:16:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!