Job title: API Automation Engineer, QA, India – evertz.io
Company: Evertz Microsystems
Job description: Skills and Experience you will bring:
- The ability to write accurate automated test cases based on pre-written documentation.
- 4+ years’ experience in writing tests with Python.
- An excellent understanding of the functionality and execution of API’s.
- Working knowledge of Amazon web services. (Storage and compute).
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications.
- An excellent understanding of the software development life-cycle (SDLC) and your place within it.
- An excellent understanding of the defect life cycle (DLC) and your place within it.
Additional skills and experience that will be useful:
- A keen eye for detail.
- A curious and inquisitive mind.
- Exposure to continuous integration
- Experience working within a microservice environment.
- Knowledge of additional scripting languages.
- Experience working with developers, as part of a focus team.
About the Role
The evertz.io Engineering Team builds next-generation systems for content management and distribution in the Media and Entertainment industry. Disney, NBCUniversal, Discovery, BBC, and many other content producers and publishers use our products and services to make the most of their file-based and live content for the least effort.
We work with high quality video in real-time and non-real-time scenarios across a wide range of cutting-edge tech. Specializations within the group span from low-level video manipulation and analysis, through back-end management and orchestration services, to web delivered UIs. Working in parallel with these teams is the Scientific Computing Group who work in computer vision, data science and machine learning, taking experiments in Jupyter notebooks through to deployment in production. This makes for a challenging and rewarding engineering experience of continual learning and plenty of opportunity to explore different parts of the stack.
Our technology stack includes a Serverless microservice architecture that capitalizes on the full breadth of AWS services with code written in Python, Rust and Java, our UI uses the latest versions of Angular, Typescript and NgRx, our CI/CD pipelines leverage AWS, Jenkins, Nexus, and Bazel in addition to our in-house release-management application to build and release 100’s of software components.
As an API Automation engineer for QA, you will be part of a team that automates tests written by the manual team, as well as those requested by development directly. you will ensure that every test case has a manual counterpart either, pre-written or flagged for authoring by the manual test team and that these are paired. You will help manage the automation test suite keeping it healthy and running after each version upgrade. You will document changes and write instruction manuals for others to replicate your work. You will manage system upgrades and software licensing requirements. You will contribute to our testing efforts by ensuring the correct execution of automated tests and that failures are examined by the manual test team. You will be mainly focused on the authoring and execution of back-end tests.
We, as quality assurance, work closely with software development to ensure that new features are implemented correctly by being apprised of any code changes made to the system under test (SUT). We achieve this goal through a combination of meetings with developers, being part of development teams and work ticket capture via JIRA. We work to test software as a service (SaaS) application in amazon web services (AWS) in a micro service environment basing all QA efforts on the test pyramid model. We are always working with our engineers on their career progression aspirations, working on a case-by-case plan for career development.
“Work is a thing you do, not a place you go”
We work in agile, low-bureaucracy, high-creativity, cross-functional teams spread across the world. It’s a highly creative work environment where we support your growth with opportunities for career progression, mentoring others and third-party education. The team is built on trust and is relaxed, open and welcoming to all, and there’s fun to be had with regular social events and sports teams.
As part of this role, you will be expected to:
- Participate in work reviews with peers and stakeholders to sign off on task completion.
- Work with the team to identify gaps in test coverage and fill them in where applicable.
- Apply knowledge gained in courses to real world challenges.
- Raise accurate, easy to understand defect reports to stakeholders.
- Work with peers to share knowledge and ideas.
- Help junior members with knowledge and understanding.
- Work with developers as part of a focus team.
- Automate the manual test suite.
- Keep the automated test suite up to date and accurate.
- Carry out functional testing of the user interface.
This role allows you to work with “Full Flexibility” – for any work where being physically close to fixed equipment is not a requirement, you have the option to work remotely.
Remote working is not the same as working from home, WFH is just one very common option. You can work from wherever gets the creative juices flowing: coffee shops, co-working places, the park, a different country even! Anywhere with Internet access.
Of course, working from an office is an option too especially if you’re craving some ad hoc in-person interaction! Evertz has offices in Canada, England, Scotland, India, Singapore, Hong Kong, Virginia, California, Arizona, Ohio, Hungary, Belgium, Poland and Australia. Many have great spaces for meet-ups as well as permanent or floating desk space.
This role allows you to work asynchronously meaning you can contribute at the times when you do your best work. Some people are early-birds, some are night-owls, maybe Saturday is better than Wednesday? Whilst some overlap for core meetings is needed, you don’t have to do your deep work between 9 and 5.
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary with annual performance-based bonus and stock option schemes. A pension plan; an employer funded health and medical plan; life insurance plan; long term disability coverage; paid time off; an employee assistance program; and a discount platform. The availability and specifics of these benefits vary by location, details of which will be provided during the hiring process.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 06:19:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!