Job title: Advanced Software Engr
Job description: Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges
Honeywell International Inc. is a Fortune 100 industrial technology company that makes a variety of commercial and consumer solutions, engineering services and aerospace systems for a wide variety of customers, from private consumers to major corporations and governments. The company operates four business units, known as Strategic Business Units – Honeywell Aerospace, Honeywell Building Technologies (HBT), Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS), and Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT).
HONEYWELL CONNECTED ENTERPRISE (HCE)
We are building a smarter, safer and more sustainable world. That’s the power of Connected. That’s the power of Honeywell. Our company invents and manufactures technologies that address some of the most critical challenges around energy, safety, security, productivity and global urbanization.
We are uniquely positioned to blend physical products with software to support connected systems that improve buildings, factories, utilities and aircraft and that enable a safer, more comfortable and more productive world. Our solutions enhance the quality of life of people around the globe and create new markets and even new industries.
· Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
· Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
· Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions
· Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
· Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications
· Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
· Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
· Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
· Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
· Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
· Think about systems – edge cases, failure modes, behaviors, specific implementations.
· Have an urge to collaborate and communicate asynchronously.
· Use Chef and Ansible to efficiently manage our infrastructure
· Implement “Infrastructure as Code” using Terraform and GitLab CI/CD for automation
· Load balancing the application including Proxies and CDN
· Kubernetes and containerizing our system
· Administer a high-availability PostgreSQL cluster.
· Monitoring and Metrics in Grafana and integrations with Slack/PagerDuty
· Logging infrastructure
· Backend storage management and scaling
· Disaster Recovery and High Availability strategy
· Hands-on design, analysis, development and troubleshooting of highly-distributed large-scale production systems and event-driven, cloud-based services
· Involved in Pull Requests for site reliability goals
· Advocate IaC (Infrastructure as Code) and CaC (Configuration as Code) practices within Honeywell HCE
· Ownership of reliability, up time, system security, cost, operations, capacity and performance-analysis . Monitor and report on service level objectives for a given applications services. Work with the business, Technology teams and product owners to establish key service level indicators.
· Ensuring the repeatability, traceability, and transparency of our infrastructure automation
· Support on-call rotations for operational duties that have not been addressed with automation
· Support healthy software development practices, including complying with the chosen software development methodology (Agile, or alternatives), building standards for code reviews, work packaging, etc.
· Create and maintain monitoring technologies and processes that improve the visibility to our applications’ performance and business metrics and keep operational workload in-check.
· Partnering with security engineers and developing plans and automation to aggressively and safely respond to new risks and vulnerabilities.
· Develop, communicate, collaborate, and monitor standard processes to promote the long-term health and sustainability of operational development tasks.
· Participate in technical training events, game day scenarios, and professional conferences
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other highly technical, scientific discipline
· Experience with distributed storage technologies like NFS, HDFS, Ceph, S3 as well as dynamic resource management frameworks (Mesos, Kubernetes, Yarn)
· A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
· 5+ Years of experience in system administration, application development, infrastructure development or related areas
· 3+ years of in reading, understanding and writing code in the same
· 3+ years Mastery of infrastructure automation technologies (like Terraform, CodeDeploy, Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
· 3+ years expertise in container/container-fleet-orchestration technologies (like Kubernetes, Openshift, AKS, EKS, Docker, Vagrant, etcd, zookeeper)
· 5+ years Cloud and container native Linux administration/build/management skills
· Versatility with troubleshooting diverse sets of hosting technologies strongly desired. These include web server platforms, application platforms, operating systems, network components, virtualization technologies, storage, and database platforms.
· Expertise with cloud- continuous-deployment- based software development lifecycles (e.g. CI/CD)
· Cloud database operations and deployment experience (RDS MySQL/Postgres/Aurora), Caching operations & deployment experience (memcache, Redis)
· Expertise with Lean/Agile deployment processes (Blue/Green, ZDT, Canary, load balancers/DNS strategies A/B test, feature flagging methodologies)
· Familiarity with site and infrastructure monitoring systems (like ELK, Datadog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Splunk, Sumologic, Grafana)
· Strong problem solving, root cause analysis and systems engineering skills
· Excellent presentation and communication skills
· Ability to design and manage escalation response plans from monitoring, react, respond, remediate and retrospect in culturally aligned (proactive, customer focused, collaborative, data-driven) ways.
· Demonstrated expertise building and managing highly scaled production infrastructure in the cloud (Azure required; GCP, AWS, OpenStack a plus) Expertise with SDLC branching, SCM, and code deployment systems (Bitbucket, git/gitflow, Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, etc.)
- Category: Engineering
- Location: HW Camp II,Bldgs 9A&9B,Plot C2,RMZ Ecoworld,Varturhobli, Sarjapur Marathahalli Outer Ring Road, Bangalore, KARNATAKA 560103 IND
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 23:02:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!