Job title: Research Associate/Fellow
Job description: The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health. PHFI is headquartered in New Delhi with national presence through its constituent units of regional Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) and Centers of Applied Research in core public health themes. The Foundation, established in 2006 as a public private initiative, is governed by an independent board comprising of senior government officials, eminent Indian and International academic and leaders, civil society representatives and corporate leaders.
Development of Briefing Papers for NITI Aayog project– The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is developing the Briefing Papers for the NITI Aayog. These papers will help to identify current evidence and gaps in Indian context on prioritized themes and areas related to overweight and obesity among women, children and adolescents and providing policy and programme recommendations to NITI Aayog. PHFI will also coordinate the planning and organization of webinars, consultations and events with children and communities in partnership with all consortium partners.
- Undertake the Review of literature for development of briefing papers for the NITI Aayog.
- Facilitate the research team in development of briefing papers for NITI Aayog.
- Preparation of the slide deck/s, as and when required (for meetings, webinars etc.).
- Facilitate the study team in development of scientific papers, Op-eds and policy briefs under the project
- Consult with state government officials and other stakeholders time to time to collect data.
- Coordinate with study team and partners.
- Document the project activities and give report.
- Support the core team in developing costing analysis report.
- Any other task assigned by the Supervisor.
- Master Degree in Public Health or other advanced/related degrees in Public Health.
- Around 3 years of experience working in public health. .
- Strong Communication skills.
- Writing, documentation and presentation skills are preferred.
- Experience and expertise in handling data related to health care interventions.
- Strong Knowledge in MS (Word and Excel).
Process to Apply-
Interested and eligible candidates may send their updated CV to and fill the application form- . Please mention the exact Position Code- PHFI-RSAS-115 in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Last Date of Receipt of Applications: April 17, 2022
- Candidates are requested to refer PHFI website for position description & process for applying. Please note only those applications will be considered which are received as per instruction written on PHFI website.
- Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills, a commitment to high quality graduate / post-graduate education.
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
- Persons employed in Government/Semi-Government Organization or Educational Institutions in India must apply through proper channel.
- PHFI reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all available positions.
- The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
- No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
“PHFI reserves the sole right to alter/modify/cancel the entire selection process or the position or the vacancy or to disqualify any candidature at any stage of the selection process”.
Women are encouraged to apply!
Location: Gurugram, Haryana
Duration of Position: 8 months or co-terminus with the project, whichever is earlier
Last Date: April 17, 2022
Donate to a Healthier India : Collective effort is required to address the public health challenges we face today. Partner with PHFI and support initiatives to strengthen public health initiatives in India.
If you are looking for something specific and unable to find it; please email
WORKING TOWARDS A HEALTHIER INDIA
PHFI is helping to build institutional and systems capacity in India for strengthening education, training, research and policy development in the area of Public Health.
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Job date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 23:36:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!