Job title: Invest India – Assistant Manager – Strategy Consulting – Technology Development Fund
Job description: Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is the research wing of the Ministry of Defence, Government of India. DRDO is a network of more than 50 laboratories which are deeply engaged in developing defence technologies covering various disciplines, like aeronautics, armaments, electronics, combat vehicles, engineering systems, instrumentation, missiles, advanced computing and simulation, special materials, naval systems, life sciences, training, information systems and agriculture. Presently, the Organisation is backed by over 5000 scientists and about 25,000 other scientific, technical and supporting personnel. Several major projects for the development of missiles, armaments, light combat aircrafts, radars, electronic warfare systems etc are on hand and significant achievements have already been made in several such technologies..
Technology Development Fund (TDF) has been established to promote self-reliance in Defence Technology as a part of the ‘Make in India’ initiative. It is a programme of MoD (Ministry of Defence) executed by DRDO meeting the requirements of Tri-Services, Defence Production and DRDO. The scheme encourages participation of public/private industries especially MSMEs and startups so as to create an eco-system for enhancing cutting edge technology capability for defence application by inculcating R&D culture in industry.
Invest India, the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency, constituted under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, is the execution arm of TDF Scheme, under the leadership of the Directorate of Technology Development Fund, DRDO. You will be a part of a dedicated team, the DRDO Technology Development Fund Desk at Invest India to successfully implement and deploy the Technology Development Fund in order to build self-reliance in Defence technology and build the defence innovation ecosystem in India.
Invest India invites passionate and committed individuals to join hands and make a difference
– Assist in executing the commercialization roadmap that supports the TDF vision for defence technology
– Develop ecosystem partnerships to encourage participation from public/ private industries especially MSMEs and startups
– Coordinate with various arms of the Ministry of Defence along with all TDF stakeholders
– Solicit inputs from the Army, Navy and Air Force on their requirements for innovative defence technologies
– Solicit inputs from defense experts, experts from industry and academic institutions
– Drafting concise technology feasibility reports by collating and analysing inputs from experts to support technology strategy and decision-making at high levels of government
– Drafting noting sheets and minutes of key meetings as well as documentation related to key meetings and new initiatives
– Assist in streamlining the evaluation process of applications and ensure timely award of funds to chosen industry partner(s)
– Overall responsibility and accountability for providing inputs in long-range planning, program development and problem solving
– Proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives and accountability in delivering results
– Responsible for executing campaigns and delivering projects on strict timelines
– Candidate will have to work from office in New Delhi
– Any other responsibility that may be assigned Desired
– Bachelors/Master’s degree or higher and up to 4 years of professional experience; an engineering degree in any of the following fields – mechanical, aerospace or electronics & communications or a degree in information technology, the physical sciences, mathematics, design (product, industrial, human factor design) would be preferred.
– Prior experience in engineering, consulting, venture capital, banking or product design roles will be a plus; experience in the Indian military, across services, across branches will be a particular plus
– Analytical mindset with the ability to analyse and synthesise technical and operational information into concise decision-support briefs
– Excellent drafting skills; the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and simply, in writing and verbally, to technology and funding decision-makers at senior tiers of government
– Strong management skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently
– Attention to detail and end-to-end ownership
– Demonstrated consumer focus and communication skills
– Ability/capacity to undertake travel in India
Maternity and Paternity Benefits
Job date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 23:18:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!