Job title: Government Affairs and Public Policy Manager, Knowledge and Information
Job description: Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Gurugram, Haryana, India; Bengaluru, Karnataka, India; Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience working on technology policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups, or related industry associations
- Experience with internet technologies and the policy/political environments that surround them
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Ability to work effectively on a team with a broad range of backgrounds and with different levels of experience
- Ability to understand and manage complex technical and regulatory issues, lead campaigns, and mentor team members
- Ability to write and translate complex issues into simple language suitable for a range of audiences
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
About the job
The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) Knowledge and Information (K&I) team’s mission is to advance Google’s license to innovate by helping governments, civil society, and Google’s product leadership responsibly navigate the social, political, and economic issues of our time.
As the GAPP Manager for K&I Products APAC, you’ll help lead Google’s public policy efforts relating to Google Ads, Search, Maps, and News as well as other product related issues in APAC. You will manage projects across a host of issues, coordinate with the global team and key cross-functional partners to execute our policy strategy, and advise product, business, and engineering teams on the public policy implications of their work. You will develop, organize, manage, and communicate critical plans, initiatives, and strategy, while tracking various regulatory proposals and analyzing their potential impact on our business.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Lead public policy strategy for India/South East Asia for Google’s Consumer product areas, including working with cross-functional teams to support our global business objectives and drive favorable policy and regulatory outcomes.
- Manage policy projects on a host of issues affecting Google’s Consumer product areas, including user privacy, content, and cross-industry relations.
- Work with Product, Business, and Engineering teams and the regional policy teams in India and South East Asia to advise on the policy and political implications of product development in Google’s K&I product areas.
- Work within a global team to develop public policy strategies and positions for Google’s K&I products, including the creation of materials supporting advocacy on those positions.
- Engage with policy makers, industry players, and key opinion formers to shape policy and political discussion that impact Google’s business objectives.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Job date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 03:48:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!