Job title: Engineering Manager – Digital Platforms
Job description: Company Description
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we’re on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on and about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who has a passion for creating world-class software applications that deliver best-in-class customer experience to customers and prospects. You will be a leader and manager in the newly formed Digital Experience and Platform COE in Bangalore and have an opportunity to be part of the growth in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will lead an engineering team of AEM, Backend and Frontend developers. You will provide engineering and architectural leadership to the development team, develop technology vision, attract and hire best talent, mentor and develop the team members, build team’s credibility by building incredible applications that deliver the best B2B experiences.
You will be instrumental in developing and growing the India COE team by building reputation and credibility of the team. You will partner and collaborate across teams and geographies through effective technical & people leadership and thought-leadership. You will put sound processes and practices in place to execute our people, technology and capability strategy. You will ensure good quality, timely delivery and inculcate a habit of innovation. You will work closely with the Product management, Agile transformation, Design and Content teams to deliver on the engineering charter. You will play an instrumental role in identifying and closing the technology debt that would help improve the customer experience.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Build and lead a high performing team of engineers building enterprise-scale solutions
- Lead the technical design, vision and implementation of technology strategy
- Provide engineering and architectural leadership to the development team
- Drive Digital Experience roadmap and work across organizational boundaries to successfully deliver projects
- Be a hands-on manager by involving in design discussions and architecture reviews
- Establish sound processes and practices to execute our people, technology and capability strategy
- Ensure a high level of productivity, quality, and reliability
- Partner and collaborate with Engineering, Product and other teams in the US through effective technical & people leadership and thought-leadership
- Setup solid engineering process and drive engineering excellence i.e. code line management, code reviews & standards, continuous integration/ continuous deployment, etc.
- Manage day-to-day activities of the development team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- People management responsibilities – attract and hire the right talent; mentor and groom team members; provide timely developmental feedback; appreciate and celebrate wins; create a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion; manage performance appraisals, ensure good work-life balance; lead from the front and be an example, etc.
- Imbibe the culture of ServiceNow, demonstrate the same in daily actions as a leader
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
· Significant experience in a technical leadership role
- Well-rounded experience with Marketing Technology stack, SEO/SEM, Ad Technology
- Relevant experience in CMS (Content Management System) and DAM (Digital Asset Management) and Web Technologies
- 12+ years of overall software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in leading development teams in web technologies
- Strong technical expertise in Backend, Frontend and micro-services based Web Application development
- Strong experience with Java, JSP, Servlets, JSTL, Struts, Spring MVC, NodeJS, RESTful & SOAP Based Web Services
- Exceptional & proven people leadership experience
- Experience with Agile development including daily scrum and weekly iteration reviews and planning
- Strong knowledge & background in Adobe AEM or other Content Management System (Drupal, WordPress, Sitecore etc.)
- Deep knowledge of Marketing Technology Stack, SEO/SEM & Web Analytics
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to design systems that are performant, secure, stable, and scalable
- Ability to hire top talent and build a productive team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Real passion for technology and solving deep technical problems
- B.Tech or M.S in Computer Science or equivalent
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 22:27:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!